Dowloading package dependencies from locked down machine

Andrew McLean lists at andros.org.uk
Mon Jul 27 19:43:20 EDT 2020

On 26/07/2020 14:07, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
> I think your best bet is to make a formal business case to your IT
> people and explain what's in it for them. If they hold all the cards
> you defeat them at your peril.

The issue is that the IT department thinks that installing the full
power of Python scripting on an Internet facing machine is inconsistent
with the "Cyber Essentials Plus" accreditiation that they need to win
Government contracts. I'm trying to come up with an alternative that
would be acceptable to them, I'm not going behind their backs.

I wonder, would it be possible to create a standalone executable version
of pip with py2exe or similar?

- Andrew