Symlinks already present

2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com
Mon Jul 27 14:41:48 EDT 2020

On 2020-07-27 at 20:20:08 +0200,
Termoregolato <waste at is.invalid> wrote:

> Il 26/07/20 20:39, Dennis Lee Bieber ha scritto:
>
> > Since symbolic links are essentially just short files containing the
> > path to the eventual target file/directory, with an OS flag that the file
> > is a link
>
> Yes, I use them massively to give to a lot of directories a kind of order,
> depending on their contents. It's simple to see if link is broken, but not
> if they're duplicate

If you know where the symlinks can be, then find and collect them into a
dictionary whose keys are the *targets* and whose values are a list of
the symlinks that point to that target.  Then it's easy to spot the
targets that have more than one symlink.

--
“Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a
judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked