help

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 22:42:47 EDT 2020

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 9:00 PM Castillo, Herbert S
<hcasti13 at calstatela.edu> wrote:

> I downloaded python not to long ago, and today when I opened Python on Windows it gave me a modify setup prompt. I have tried to click on modify , repair and even uninstalled and installed it back, but when I try to open Python up again, I keep on getting the same modify setup prompt. I am not sure of what to do? Thank you in advance.

It sounds like you are just rerunning the python installer.  Instead,
open a command prompt or Powershell and type "py".  That will bring up
the Python interactive environment where you can type Python commands.
Or, probably better, open IDLE -- the provided Python editing
environment -- by pressing your Windows key which brings up the list
of available programs/program folders, find Python, expand that if
needed by clicking on it and then clicking on "IDLE".  That will bring
up the Python interactive prompt as well.  You can also create a new
Python file using the provided "File" menu, etc.  BTW, I am doing this
from memory.  I don't have a Windows PC handy, but hopefully it is
enough to get you over the hump.

BTW, there is a Python Tutor mailing list designed for those learning
Python.  Also, the main Python website has documentation, lists of
resources, tutorial, etc., to also help jumpstart your learning.  Have
fun!

HTH!

--
boB