Formal Question to Steering Council (re recent PEP8 changes)

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Sat Jul 4 21:29:15 EDT 2020

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020, at 18:17, Ethan Furman wrote:
> On 07/04/2020 10:32 AM, Random832 wrote:
>
> > I said obvious because even if it was not obvious from the commit message itself, it had *already been explained* in the thread on the other mailing list
>
> That would require Michael to have been reading the other mailing list
> to know that.  Just because the information is out there, doesn't mean
> everybody has seen it.

ok, you know what?

regardless of hairsplitting about how obvious or not it is what she meant, and whether or not "it's because of the name White" was a reasonable conclusion to jump to, none of that changes that the conclusion was, in fact, incorrect. So trying to fight with me for pointing that out and claiming I was offering my "opinion" was unreasonable. I was not offering an opinion, I was pointing out a factual error, and arguing that the error was reasonable to make rather than being obvious doesn't change that.