Making and seeing mistakes [was: Formal Question to Steering Council]

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Fri Jul 3 15:16:15 EDT 2020

On 07/03/2020 11:57 AM, Jon Ribbens via Python-list wrote:
> On 2020-07-03, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:

>> All you needed to say was, "No, she did not conflate 'White' with race."
>>   To say "[I] did," is a very odd thing, and certainly inaccurate. I
>> definitely did not conflate White with race.  Why do you think that?
>
> Because you conflated the name of the author and race in the post
> I was responding to.

That is ridiculous.  It is possible to see someone else's mistake without making it oneself.

Michael's mistake was assuming that the author had, in fact, conflated the names.

Your mistake is to assume that since the author did not make that mistake that Michael must have made it.

I'm sure somebody will point out what my mistake was.

Can we now drop this subthread?

--
~Ethan~