Formal Question to Steering Council (re recent PEP8 changes)

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 13:43:28 EDT 2020

On 7/3/20 10:57 AM, Jon Ribbens via Python-list wrote:
> On 2020-07-03, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
>> On 07/02/2020 07:42 PM, Jon Ribbens via Python-list wrote:
>>> She didn't - you did.
>>
>> Please keep the discourse civil.  Petty taunts are not helpful.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you are getting at. My comment was not
> a "petty taunt", it was an important factual correction, and perfectly
> civil - more so than the post it was a response to.
>
> (I'll concede my second post repeating it in response to "Come again?"
> was somewhat facetious though ;-) )

All you needed to say was, "No, she did not conflate 'White' with race."
 To say "[I] did," is a very odd thing, and certainly inaccurate. I
definitely did not conflate White with race.  Why do you think that?  As
others helpfully pointed out, the context for her comments was out of
band (not on this list).  Thus she was not conflating anything.  If we
want to go in circles, sure I did conflate that she conflated.

thanks.