New to python - Just a question

David Lowry-Duda david at lowryduda.com
Fri Jul 3 12:37:16 EDT 2020

Hello!

> Please can someone help
>
> Write an algorithm (choose the language you prefer) that given a
> character string, for instance {‘c’,’a’,’i’,’o’,’p’,’a’}, will print
> out the list of characters appearing at least 2 times. In this
> specific example, it would return {‘a’}. Afterwards, comment out the
> cost in terms of space and time.
>
> Write a bash/python script that takes a directory as an argument and
> output the total lines of code in *.cpp files recursively.

These are both pretty classical problems. But the way you've presented
them sounds a bit like a "do my homework for me" style question.

Do you know any python? I recommend that you consider following a book
or tutorial to get through some of the basics. I like to recommend Think
Python (available for free from the author).

If you have particular questions that come up while you're trying to
write a solution, I think more people would be more inclined to help.

Good luck! - DLD

--
David Lowry-Duda <david at lowryduda.com> <davidlowryduda.com>