Formal Question to Steering Council (re recent PEP8 changes)

Bev In TX countryone77 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 11:50:43 EDT 2020

> On Jul 3, 2020, at 10:23 AM, o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I decry the present hypersensitivity to any hint of culture that was
> present some 200 years ago especially when such sensitivity is used
> to block a wider group from participating. IMO such hypersensitive
> individuals might be better served by finding some other soap box
> to scream from if that is to be their primary input into a particular
> conversation.

I have worked In harmony with multinational teams from all over the world.  We never needed a writing standard for code changes.  Are current Python code changes documented in such a poor way that they are not understandable?  That would be the only reason to promote a standard, which would not have to be as stringent as Strunk and White.

I don’t like the use of the word “racism” in connection with writing standards, which is blatantly not true.  Do the current leaders of Python promote political agendas?  That’s what this sounds like.