FW: Pycharm Won't Do Long Underscore

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 18:30:18 EDT 2020

On 7/2/20 2:55 PM, Danilo Coccia wrote:
> Il 30/06/2020 23:46, Joe Pfeiffer ha scritto:
>> "Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-python at hjp.at> writes:
>>> I agree. Although there are some fonts with special ligatures for
>>> programming. I have never used one, but that seems like an interesting
>>> concept.
>>
>> I've never heard of that before.  I'd be curious to try one.
>>

> I've been using this one, and I like it:
>   https://github.com/tonsky/FiraCode
>   https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/fira-code
>
> Works well with PyCharm.

Hmm. That is... interesting.  I'm not at all sure how I feel about that.
 On the one hand it partly appeals, but on the other hand it quite
repulses me.  I don't find the FireCode samples any easier to read than
a normal font. In fact I find it slightly more difficult to read, since
my brain is not used to looking for those symbols.  Hmmm.  Yeah I dunno
about this one!  Very interesting. Thanks for sharing it.

I tried it, and it's definitely not for me!