Suggestions on mechanism or existing code - maintain persistence of file download history

R.Wieser address at not.available
Fri Jan 31 02:47:54 EST 2020

Dennis,

> A full client/server RDBM should never be affected by an abort
> of a client program.

What you describe is on the single query level.   What I was thinking of was
having several queries that /should/ work as a single unit, but could get
interrupted (because of the OPs ctrl-c).

Yes, Chris was probably right about using a transaction to fix that, but
that has to be learned - knowledge I do not take for granted with a
hobbyist.

> So... (And I know many despise it, but it IS easy to set up) that
> leaves running ...some ... server process.

I think that would make the matter even worse.  It could be silently doing
some housekeeping work, and a hard shutdown of the 'puter (for whatever
reason) could easily trash the whole database.

And yes, I'm playing the advocate of the devil there.   :-)

Regards,
Rudy Wieser