tkinter treeview widget - bind doubleclick to items only ?

R.Wieser address at not.available
Tue Jan 21 15:37:03 EST 2020

MRAB,

> Huh, I never noticed that!

Yep.  And as that unfolding and folding is fully done inside the treeview
widget itself there is no way you can fix it with a bit of python code. :-(

> I think it's an issue with Tk itself.

Most likely.    Rather odd that that issue it still exists though.  I can't
imagine I'm the first one who noticed this "bleeding thru" (the heading)
effect.

But ...   Any way how I can tell the doubleclick code to ignore clicks
outside of the treeview-item window* (as in: excluding the header) ?    That
would at least be something.

*like any way to retrieve the relative cooridinates of the rows subwindow ?
Or the relative coordinates of the heading bar ?     I've not found anything
in that regard.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser