tkinter treeview widget - bind doubleclick to items only ?

R.Wieser address at not.available
Mon Jan 20 05:49:57 EST 2020

Hello all,

I've create a treeview, and would (ofcourse) want to register some
mouse-clicking on it, and for that I've found the ".bind()" method.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3794268/command-for-clicking-on-the-items-of-a-tkinter-treeview-widget

There is a slight problem with it though: when I click a columns caption
(for sorting) the events code also gets fired, which causes problems.

I've found that I can connect mouse-click events to the column captions  as
shown in the second example here in the "self.tree.heading()" call :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5286093/display-listbox-with-columns-using-tkinter

I was wondering if something similar is maybe also available for the items
below it ...

If not, how do I ignore mouseclicks that are not done on one of the items ?

Regards,
Rudy Wieser