Debian Buster: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'mysql'

^Bart gabriele1NOSPAM at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 18 10:44:26 EST 2020

Hi guys,

I'd like to use Python to connect to my MariaDB db, it works from
phpmyadmin and if I open a console with mysql -u root -p.

I tried:

$ pip search mysql-connector | grep --color mysql-connector-python

mysql-connector-python (8.0.19)                       - MySQL driver
written in Python
mysql-connector-python-rf (2.2.2)                     - MySQL driver
written in Python
mysql-connector-python-dd (2.0.2)                     - MySQL driver
written in Python

$ pip install mysql-connector-python-rf

Requirement already satisfied: mysql-connector-python-rf in
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (2.2.2)

When I try my code (obviously I replaced parameters with mine!):

import mysql.connector

mydb = mysql.connector.connect(
   host="localhost",
   user="root",
   passwd="mypwd"
)

print(mydb)

I have:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/gabriele/Corso_4.0/Python/Test_MySQL2.py", line 1, in
<module>
     import mysql.connector
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'mysql'

What could I do to fix this issue?! :\

Thanks!
^Bart