PyInstaller needs Funding by your Company

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at goebel-consult.de
Tue Jan 7 13:05:52 EST 2020

Am 07.01.20 um 17:19 schrieb Christian Gollwitzer:
> Am 07.01.20 um 15:09 schrieb Hartmut Goebel:
>> Maintianing PyInstaller at a proper level requires about 4 to 5 days per
>> month. Which means about 4,000 to 5,000 € per month and about 50,000 to
>> 60,000 € per year.
>
> these numbers sound odd to me. 4000€ - 5000€ per month or equivalently
> 60,000€ per year is the level of academic full-time jobs in Germany,
> i.e. that would be 4-5 days per week, not per month.

Based on the hourly rate calculator at gulp.de, the average rate for
software developers is 85 €. This is a very specialized job, and I'm
senior, thus my rate should be a bit higher. Also this has to compete
with the offerings I get as a InfoSec consultant, which are above.

Please also keep in mind: PyInstaller is used by eg. Google, Docker,
CarbonBlack, Siemens, and quite some other really big ones. There is no
reason for me to spend my spare-time to make them earn money.

(Also your figure seems to not take into account the "Lohnnebenkosten" -
health insurance, pension fond, etc.)

--
Schönen Gruß
Hartmut Goebel