Python, Be Bold!

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 21:49:42 EST 2020

On 2020-01-03 5:44 p.m., Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer wrote:
> .jar provides more than just compression. It provides app info and has
> signing ability

This is the first time you've mentioned signing ability in this very
long thread.  At this point I have no idea what point you are even
making anymore.  It's all over the place!

If you coded up something concrete to share with the list, and described
it in the form of a PEP, and then it could be debated on its merits
rather than some ever-changing feature wish list.  Your ideas may well
be good.  But they will need an implementation behind them.  Python core
developers have a lot on their hands; pie in the sky wishes are unlikely
to get on their radar.

Several people have suggested utilities to look at. I suggest you start
there and see if you can modify them to suit your needs.