Python, Be Bold!

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 16:43:28 EST 2020

On 1/2/20 2:11 PM, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer wrote:
> But single file are better suited for distribution.

Maybe.  Most windows applications are distributed with installers.  I've
made several bundles over the years with Nullsoft's installer builder.
That's how commercial companies, including those that use Python,
distribute their applications.  Here's a popular open source application
build on Python, and it's installer (a single msi file):
https://calibre-ebook.com/download_windows

I haven't seen very many single-exe windows applications ever.

Anyway we can argue forever about what ought to be.  But until someone
does it and proves that it's important, it's not going to happen.