Python, Be Bold!

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 16:01:21 EST 2020

On 1/2/20 1:42 PM, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer wrote:
> I am not proposing native executables, but a .jar like executable. The term
> executable refers to one click run.

But a jar file is not executable on Windows and never has been.  You
can't go to the cmd.exe window and type "myprogram.jar."  Maybe it can
be opened with a file association linking it to a Java runtime
executable. But it's certainly not a Windows executable.  And I've never
ever seen anyone launch a java jar file by double clicking on it.  Most
people provide .bat files to start it, or a lnk file that contains the
necessary java flags.

As Chris said with file associations you can already double-click on a
py file (or pyw without a console window by convention).