Help building python application from source

Mr. Lee Chiffre lee.chiffre at secmail.pro
Sat Feb 29 18:01:13 EST 2020

Thanks for the comments.

> (To make OP's requirements plainly visible, note that this appears to
> be a cryptocurrency application.)

Correct. It is a software that does not store private keys but acts as a
server to serve lightweight wallets that would connect to it remotely.

Electrumx does not store or generate private keys but my concern is
running binary blobs that someone else created. The advantages of open
source software only apply if you can confirm it was created from the
source code. This is why I compile everything I can or use binaries based
on reproducible build process. I am also wanting to run electrumx in a
virtual environment under a dedicated user account on the linux box with
lowest privileges. And the reason I want to be able to build from a local
directory so that I can be self sufficient and be able to archive the
software source code and all needed dependencies to spin up other servers
or replace the server in a post disaster situation where internet or
python pip package servers might be down. My bitcoin server also has very
strict firewall rules that would inhibit the ability to connect to python
servers. This is why I want to download the all the source code on my
laptop then transfer to the server. But there are SO MANY dependencies.
Electrumx has a few dependencies then each of those dependencies have more
dependencies and on and on. I guess it might be possible to do what I want
by manually downloading the source code of the close to 20 dependencies,
manually verify the git tags and signatures. Then "python setup.py
install" each one individually in the right order. This might work? I
didn't know if there was an easier way. I did find out I could "pip
download -r requirements.txt" but this downloads binaries specific for
x86. My cpu architecture is aarch64.

Is there a way to pip download -r requirements.txt source only or specify
aarch64?

Thank you

lee.chiffre at secmail.pro
PGP 97F0C3AE985A191DA0556BCAA82529E2025BDE35