How to get a place's longitude and latitude?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 11:07:35 EST 2020

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 3:04 AM Souvik Dutta <souvik.viksou at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys I want to make a program that kinda sends an sos message with the
> measures of longitude and latitude (which is super inconvenient) to
> someone. How can I do that I mean how can I get the longitude and latitude?
> Any help would be appreciated.

This is a difficult thing to do in general, so you're going to have to
get specific. Are you building a desktop app? A phone app? Is it
something that runs via a web browser? What sort of platform are you
using, and are you okay with requiring the user to do some
configuration beforehand in order to have an easy one-click "send help
now"?

ChrisA