python

Frank Millman frank at chagford.com
Sun Feb 23 02:44:52 EST 2020

On 2020-02-23 9:26 AM, luka beria wrote:
> hi guys i have another question.how to  find the minimum and maximum numbers in this list without using the min () and max () functions use   while loop

Hi Luka

Did you read the reply to your previous question from Dennis Lee Bieber?

If not, here it is again -

"""
This smells like a homework assignment. We do NOT provide solutions to
homework. In particular, we will not provide you with an algorithm to
solve such a simple problem.

We WILL provide help with Python syntax and semantics, but YOU need to
provide a starting point of what you've tried, what the results are, and
what you expected for the results.

Suggestion: pretend you are the computer. Use a piece of paper to track
current MAX and current MIN. You get one item from the list at a time --
how do you determine if it is to become a new MAX, a new MIN, or is ignored
as neither.

Now -- write a program does just that...

"""

Try his suggestion, and come back here if you get stuck.

Frank Millman