Technical debt - was Re: datetime seems to be broken WRT timezones (even when you add them)

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 19:31:24 EST 2020

On 2/11/20 2:25 PM, Barry Scott wrote:
> At Chris said moving to python3 will *reduce* your technical debt.
> You are paying off the debt.

While at the same time incurring new debt.

> Not to mention that its harder to hire people to work on tech-debt legacy code.
>
> Given the choice between a legacy python2 job and a modern python3 job
> what would you choose?

If this was an income job, it would entirely depend on what it paid.  In
this day and age of the so-called "gig economy" it really doesn't
matter. I likely wouldn't be around long enough to have to personally
deal with the long-term consequences (pay the debt as you say).