How to instlal pyodbc, without pip

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Feb 4 16:12:09 EST 2020

On 2/4/2020 12:34 PM, dcwhatthe at gmail.com wrote:

> Pip won't work on my desktop, because of the firewalls we have set up.
>
> I have the version from github.  Assuming my Python 3.8.1 Home Directory is C:\Python, How can I install pyodbc pyodbc-master.zip?

If you have dependencies installed, you should be able to pip install
with a command line arg telling it to use that file.  Can you run pip -h?
  >  Which folders should I unzip it into?

The pyodbc package must end up in .../Lib/site-packages.  Unzipping
there might work, or maybe not.  The zipped manifest.ini and setup.py
and maybe other files have the installation details, which pip reads and
interprets.

--
Terry Jan Reedy