Which method to check if string index is queal to character.

Mon Dec 28 17:59:21 EST 2020

On 12/28/20 4:52 PM, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 12/28/20 10:37 AM, Bischoop wrote:
>> A valid email address consists of an email prefix and an email domain,
>> both in acceptable formats. The prefix appears to the left of the @ symbol.
>> The domain appears to the right of the @ symbol.
>> For example, in the address example at mail.com, "example" is the email prefix,
>> and "mail.com" is the email domain.
> Seems so simple, yet at least half the web sites I try to use get it
> wrong.  There's an entire RFC on this topic.  Drives me crazy when a web
> site insists that myaddress+suffix at domain.com is not a valid address.
> It certainly is!

Yes, it really is fairly straight forward to do it right, but it does
have details that need to be checked carefully (It is significantly
harder if the email address can also contain comments or display names,
but just a base email address isn't that hard).

Many people do still get it wrong.

--
Richard Damon