Pickling issue.

vincent.vandevyvre at oqapy.eu vincent.vandevyvre at oqapy.eu
Wed Dec 23 03:31:00 EST 2020

On 22/12/20 01:57, Bob Gailer wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2020, 3:03 PM Vincent Vande Vyvre <vincent.vande.vyvre at telenet.be> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I've an object that I want to serialise with pickle.
>     When I reload the object the attributes of this object are correctly
>     fixed except one of these.
>
>     This attribute (value) define a simple string.
>
>     Example:
>     tag =  XmpTag('Xmp.dc.form'image/jpeg')
>

> I am not familiar with XmpTag. Where might I get the containing module?
>
>     ... skip

Yes, it's available with pip:
https://pypi.org/project/py3exiv2/
If you want to test it, just add from pyexiv2.xmp import XmpTag to my example.

and the source is here:
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vincent-vandevyvre/py3exiv2/trunk/view/head:/py3exiv2/src/pyexiv2/xmp.py

This is a Python-3 binding of the lib exiv2, the wrapper source code is here:
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vincent-vandevyvre/py3exiv2/trunk/view/head:/py3exiv2/src/exiv2wrapper.cpp#L359

exiv2 doc is here:
https://www.exiv2.org/doc/classExiv2_1_1Xmpdatum.html

Sorry for the late response but it seems a moderation problem with my account.

Vincent