pexpect with kadmin

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue Dec 22 23:04:24 EST 2020

Anyone ever used pexpect with tooling like kadmin and have
insight into how to manage interacting with it?

After setting up debug logging, I was able to adjust the expect
usage to get the input and output logs to at least appear correct
when setting a password for a principal, however even with a
successful return code from kadmin, there is some discrepancy
and the credential is not being set right.

When run manually, the credentials work fine, it's almost as if
kadmin is swallowing the newline from pexpect within the password.

I am using python 3.5 from Windows, over plink.exe, onto a rhel
7 server. Unfortunately, I am stuck with all the levels of indirection.

Thanks,
jlc