How do you find what exceptions a class can throw?

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Sun Dec 20 17:15:32 EST 2020

On 20Dec2020 20:34, Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Trust me: it takes 100x getting anything done plus keep up with your prayers, and it takes 100^100x learning anything solid, as in just forget about it.  Indeed, consider that we are rather going to the formal verification of programs, software, and even hardware...
>
>I sincerly wish you that your hope becomes reality within your
>lifetime.

Aye, since "we are rather going to the formal verification of programs,
software, and even hardware" was true when I was at university. In the
1980s and 1990s.

Gathering evidence is indeed part of science, and computer science is
indeed mathematics, but alas programmering is just a craft and software
engineering often ... isn't.

Anyway, I would hope we're all for more rigour rather than less.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>