"Worst bugs" and Python?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Dec 18 17:30:57 EST 2020

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020, dn via Python-list wrote:

> Companies such as Microsoft and Oracle (plus, plus, ...) do not allow
> just-anyone to analyse their source-code - whereas 'open source' is
> available for analysis, by definition! An easy 'target' for shallow
> analysis?

Looks bass-ackwards to me. That's the same argument made by proprietary
companies (especially Micro$oft) in the early 1990s. What falsifies the
writer's argument is all the malware that's affected Windoze over the past
couple of decades compared to F/OSS OSes and applications.

Sigh. Fake news hits the software industry.

Carpe weekend,

Rich