Fwd: bug in download

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Dec 16 14:46:14 EST 2020

On 12/16/2020 12:15 PM, Erick Willum wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Erick Willum <willum97 at gmail.com>
>> Date: 16 December 2020 at 15:53:40 GMT
>> To: python-list at python.org
>> Subject: bug in download
>>
>> Hallo and good afternoon,
>>
>> Having installed python (big thank you) and sublime text, i get the next message when trying to download numpy or matplotlib in sublime text:
>>
>> fails to pass a sanity check due to a bug in the windows runtime. See this issue for more information:
>> https://tinyurl.com/y3dm3h86I

The answer on stackoverflow.com, easily accessed by their local search
or Google web search: use 1.9.3 on Windows 2004, 1.9.4 on *nix.  1.9.3
did not work on *nix, and the 1.9.4 hotfix does not work on on some
Windows.  I have not seen anything either way about the 2009 Windows update

--
Terry Jan Reedy