Returning from a multiple stacked call at once

Oscar jornws200602 at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 13 16:41:41 EST 2020

In article <5fd4f4b5$0$8928$426a74cc at news.free.fr>, ast  <ast at invalid> wrote:
>Le 12/12/2020 à 17:10, Oscar a écrit :
>> In article <5fd465b5$0$8956$426a74cc at news.free.fr>, ast  <ast at invalid> wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> In case a function recursively calls itself many times,
>>> is there a way to return a data immediately without
>>> unstacking all functions ?
>>
>> If you are referring to your "are you ok?" problem, please read up on
>> recursion and when and how to use it. You were doing it completely
>> wrong. You only call a function from *whitin itself* if you need
>> recursion. It's quite hard to explain in a few words, so just google it.
>> I'm sure there are many great explanations around.
>>

>not understood.

I understand! Sorry...

Somehow I mixed you up with another poster that was clearly beginning
with programming and wrote an input function that called itself
recursively when it received invalid input. Then he was suprised the
calling function got the very first (invalid) value.

You clearly know your way around recursion. Sorry again! ;-)
--
[J|O|R] <- .signature.gz