Silly question, where is read() documented?

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Sat Aug 29 21:52:40 EDT 2020

Also:

    https://docs.python.org/3/library/io.html#io.TextIOBase.read
    https://docs.python.org/3/library/io.html#io.BufferedIOBase.read

Found by going to:

    https://docs.python.org/3/
    https://docs.python.org/3/genindex.html
    https://docs.python.org/3/genindex-R.html

and finding the links to "read".

Personally, I fetch the Python docs every so often from:

    https://docs.python.org/3/download.html

I fetch the "HTML" version, unpack it on my machine, and put a link to
the "index.html" file on my Desktop. Instant, offline-ready, Python docs
on my machine. Really snappy, because my browser's pulling from the
local filesystem.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>