Program chaining on Windows

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Aug 24 14:54:48 EDT 2020

On 8/23/2020 3:31 AM, Rob Cliffe via Python-list wrote:
> On WIndows 10, running Python programs in a DOS box,

Please don't use 'DOS box' for Windows Command Prompt or other Windows
consoles for running Windows programs from a command line.  DOSBox is
program for running (old) DOS programs written for the IBM PC.  One use
is running old games, such as some distributed by GOG.  Note that
interactive command line interpreters existed long before MS/PC DOS.

> I would like one
> Python program to chain to another.  I.e. the first program to be
> replaced by the second (*not* waiting for the second to finish, as with
> e.g. os.system).

For reasons explained especially well by Eryk Sun, you should probably
use one python program as a master program to run others in succession.

--
Terry Jan Reedy