How do I use the data entered in a form?

Steve Gronicus at SGA.Ninja
Fri Aug 21 23:37:36 EDT 2020

I have a simple form that I copied/modified from a python web site.  A lot
of it makes sense but I do not see how the form in activated.

Is there some call in there that I am just not seeing?

How do I use the information entered into the  form.  Everything works here
except for line 30 where I get a "fetch not defined" error.  I can send the
entered information to the screen but I do not see how I can use the
information outside the functions defined.

 Do I need a "return SR, TSR"? ================================

def Data_Entry(entries):
   SR = (entries['Sensor_Reading'].get())
   print("SR:   ", SR)     #This line prints
   TSR = (entries['Test_Strip_Reading'].get())
   print("TSR:  ", TSR)  #This line prints

def SubmitForm(entries):
   print("Form Submitted")
   SR = entries['Sensor_Reading'].get()
   print("SR inside = " + SR)  #This line prints

def makeform(root, fields):
   entries = {}
   for field in fields:
      row = Frame(root)
      lab = Label(row, width=22, text=field+": ", anchor='w')
      ent = Entry(row)
      ent.insert(0,"0")
      row.pack(side = TOP, fill = X, padx = 5 , pady = 5)
      lab.pack(side = LEFT)
      ent.pack(side = RIGHT, expand = YES, fill = X)
      entries[field] = ent
   return entries

if __name__ == '__main__':
   root = Tk()
   ents = makeform(root, fields)
  # root.bind('<Return>', (lambda event, e = ents: fetch(e)))
                           #"fetch not defined" reported here
   b1 = Button(root, text = 'Submit',
      command=(lambda e = ents: SubmitForm(e)))
   b1.pack(side = LEFT, padx = 5, pady = 5)

   b2 = Button(root, text = 'Quit', command = root.quit)
   b2.pack(side = LEFT, padx = 5, pady = 5)
   root.mainloop()

SR = (entries['Sensor_Reading'].get())
print ("SR Outside = " + SR)

The last two lines were guesses but they still failed.

Steve