Python Pandas

J Conrado jorge.conforte at inpe.br
Fri Aug 21 09:22:01 EDT 2020

HI,

I'm using Pandas to read my .xls file and I used the command to read it:

df = pd.read_excel(filexcel, parse_dates=[0], dayfirst=True)

and I had the day, month, year and hour correctly

But, if I  run the same script inside a virtual environment, I had this
error message:

   File "xlsteste.py", line 16, in <module>
     df = pd.read_excel(filexcel, parse_dates=[0], dayfirst=True)
   File
"/home/conrado/PENDRIVE_ASIEL/EXCEL/IMAGENS_ESTAÇÕES/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pandas/util/_decorators.py",
line 296, in wrapper
     return func(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: read_excel() got an unexpected keyword argument 'dayfirst'

Please,could someone explain why my script doesn't run when I'm in the
virtual environment.

Thanks,

Conrado