Final statement from Steering Council on politically-charged commit messages

Tim Daneliuk info at tundraware.com
Wed Aug 19 17:07:52 EDT 2020

On 8/19/20 3:29 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:
> On 8/19/20 12:40 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
>> On 8/19/20 2:00 PM, Karen Shaeffer wrote:
>
>>> Considering all your posts on this thread, it is reasonable to infer you have some ideological motivations.
>>
>> My motivation was to demonstrate that if people of your ilk are free to
>> peddle their worldview,
>
> Unless you know Karen personally, you don't know what her world view is.  Poking holes in arguments or observing what is being said does not require an opposing world view.

I'd say this is at least a hint:

>>> this peer reviewed published research from Stanford University establishes the fact that racism and bias are alive and well in the STEM fields:

I have rather lengthy counterpoint to this "research".  Ditto the claim that proper
ordinarily use of English is prima facie evidence of "White Supremacy".  Ditto
the claim that any reference to age is inherently bigoted and cannot be taken
in good spirit.  But ... I don't think this is the place you'd like to see
my disquisitions on the matter.*

My larger point holds:  You cannot allow one worldview in and then expect
other worldviews to keeps still  ... and that's true irrespective of WHICH
worldview first got in the door.

> As you yourself said:
>
>> The sole relevant
>> demand should be civility.
>
> Let's make sure we stay that course.

I have never been anything other than this in the entire thread.  It is not uncivil
to disagree.

> --
> ~Ethan~
> Python List Moderator

* Is the use of the word "disquisition" a form of White Supermacy?  Asking for a friend.