Final statement from Steering Council on politically-charged commit messages

justin walters walters.justin01 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 01:22:20 EDT 2020

I for one don't want to see politics involved in PL development. However,
inclusivity isn't a political issue, it's a human rights issue.

Do I agree with the PR, not exactly. However, I do think we as a community
should be accommodating to people
Whose use of the English language differs from the standard as long as the
meaning is clear.

This thread reads like a bunch of old fuddy duddies complaining about
immigrants not speaking perfect English at a fast food restaurant.

Feel free to ban me from the list if this doesn't meet your standards.