Final statement from Steering Council on politically-charged commit messages

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 14:26:01 EDT 2020

For context, see this commit:

https://github.com/python/peps/commit/0c6427dcec1e98ca0bd46a876a7219ee4a9347f4

The commit message is highly politically charged and is now a
permanent part of the Python commit history. The Python Steering
Council has this to say:

https://github.com/python/steering-council/issues/34#issuecomment-675028005

"The SC discussed this and ... we do not deplore the message."

So now we know: go ahead and put all the political messages you like
into the commit messages, just don't put anything inappropriate into
the content. White supremacy has been mentioned; who wants to pick the
next hot topic?

ChrisA