IDLE: New Feature?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Aug 9 21:50:39 EDT 2020

On 8/9/2020 7:39 PM, Steve wrote:
> Where would the conversation have to happen to get the forces-that-be to
> install a pull-down/history menu for the Find option in IDLE?  To have to
> retype the search option over and over when I am toggling between two or
> more searches gets tiresome.  I would rather spend my brain cells and
> bandwidth thinking about coding.
The IDLE-dev mail list
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/idle-dev
may or may not be active at any time.

Simplest specification:
one list for all 3 search boxes;
start fresh each session

If search boxes were non-modal, it might work to have two open for same
editor (not sure).

> Footnote:
> There's 99 bugs in the code, in the code.
> 99 bugs in the code.
> Take one down and patch it all around.
> Now there's 117 bugs in the code.

Argh!  I sometimes find a bug fixing a bug, but more often think of
multiple possible improvement when implementing one.

--
Terry Jan Reedy