Any ideas for a new language inspired to Python?

2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com
Sun Aug 9 15:00:45 EDT 2020

On 2020-08-09 at 13:07:03 -0400,
Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 09:31:04 +0100, Barry Scott <barry at barrys-emacs.org>
> declaimed the following:
>

> >By going to C you are really saying you want to use the native instructions of your CPU.
> >Contrast that with bytecode that needs an interpreter.
> >

> 	Unless one has located a C-compiler that generates byte-code for some
> virtual machine.

gcc compiles source code into different levels of virtual machines, and
then those virtual machines into actual object code.  Start at
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/index.html, and drill down into
section 6.3.8 (Anatomy of a Language Front End) and chapter 9 (Passes
and Files of the Compiler).  Nothing stops you from translating your
source code directly into, say, RTL.

The Wikipedia page for LLVM tells me it's designed for this sort of
thing.