How explain why Python is easier/nicer than Lisp which has a simpler grammar/syntax?

Christian Seberino cseberino at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 11:06:04 EDT 2020

> 1. Python mostly separates computation of values (expressions) from flow
> control and name binding (statements).  When the latter are mixed with
> the former, most people restrict the mixing to a line or two.

This is an interesting observation.  I've heard people say the fact that
Python has both expressions and statements is a negative.  (Lisp only
has expressions.)

It isn't clear to me what special Python syntax or forms you are referring to that separates expressions from flow control and assignments.