news.bbs.nz is spewing duplicates to comp.lang.python

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 15:13:59 EDT 2020

> I filter out these messages in my news setup (using gnus on Emacs) on
> the header:
>
>  ("head"
>
> i.e. each message that contains "news.bbs.nz" in the "Injection-Info"
> header will be made invisible.
> This solved the problem for me.

Thanks. Mark Sapiro was also skeptical that his gate_news config
change would have any effect. His opinion was that it appeared all
problems related to this problem lie on the news side of things. The
resilience of a distributed system is fine for many things, but makes
it difficult to easily squash these sorts of bugs.

Skip