Python dependences

jorge.conforte at inpe.br jorge.conforte at inpe.br
Tue Apr 21 10:35:00 EDT 2020

Hi,

I've already used the python list to clear up some doubts.
It's been about a year since I started using Python in my projects and I
still have some doubts. For those who have always used IDL, this change
is a little difficult. I already have Ptyhon 3.8 installed, on Linux. To
clear up any doubts, what is the best method to install Python
dependencies, for example: numpy, matplolib, netcdf, gdal, etc. Should I
use PIP, conda or install using Conda. What I do so that all
dependencies are installed in the same directory. I installed GDAl and
now I can only use it as root. If you use it as a common user, it always
gives an error message. There is a method that I can uninstall all
dependencies and install them using PIP, so that they are all in the
same directory. This question and that I want to use only Python. And I
already installed some dependencies, and some give me an error message.
For example:

import matplolib

Traceback (most recent call last):

File
<stdin> line 1, in <module>

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named
<matplotlib>

Excuse me for this long question. And that I want to stop
using IDL and dedicate myself entirely to Python.

Thanks.

Conrado