Getting a 401 from requests.get, but not when logging in via the browser.

dcwhatthe at gmail.com dcwhatthe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 14:54:02 EDT 2020

I'm validating several sites in a row, and most of them connect successfully.

However, one of them immediately returns a 401.  I'm using the exact same credentials to check this site, as when loggin in.

Also, interestingly, it returns the 401 right away.  I tried setting the timeout value for a ridiculously long time, but it passes the 401 return immediately.

Am I misunderstanding the meaning of the timeout parameter?

The line in question is

request = requests.get(ip_s,timeout=5000, verify = False, auth =HTTPBasicAuth( user_id_s, pw_s))