Python launcher

Pieter van Oostrum pieter-l at vanoostrum.org
Wed Apr 15 14:19:20 EDT 2020

Angel V <garnetparker01 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Python and recently began to self learn the language.
> Unfortunately, whenever I try to launch it, I'm met with a black pop-up
> screen the disappears as soon as it comes up. I've tried uninstalling and I
> just run into the same issue. I tried downloading the program onto my
> brother's computer and it did the same things.

It seems to me that a Python installation on Windows needs some "First
steps" documentation to direct the beginners to the essentials of how to
start a Python program. Preferably something that is displayed
immediately after installation of in some other way is prominently
displayed. I am not on Windows myself, so I am afraid I will not be of
much help in this respect.
--
Pieter van Oostrum
www: http://pieter.vanoostrum.org/