Fwd: Troubling running my Python

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:35:20 EDT 2020

On 4/8/20 1:12 PM, Lorraine Healy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded the 3.8 64 bit python program to my PC but the
> interpreter will not run. It seems to have 'repaired' itself when I ran the
> setup again but the interpreter still  won't run.
> Is there a reason for this? Do you require a screenshot?

Assuming Windows here.

The Python interpreter does nothing without a python program to run (to
interpret).  Thus if you simply double click on python.exe it will do
nothing.  Instead you need to create python programs using a text
editor, which you can then run from a command prompt.

Usually included with the Python install is a program called "Idle"
which is an integrated editor, debugger, and runtime environment.  Look
for it in your start menu.

Most python programmers prefer to use a text editor they like, and run
programs from the command prompt.