pathlib

Mon Sep 30 13:39:07 EDT 2019

On 1/10/19 6:13 AM, Dan Sommers wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 1:51 AM Dan Sommers

> All I'm doing is defending the OP, who was surprised that
> renaming a file *using a Path instance* didn't reflect that
> operation *in that Path instance*.  I believe that such a
> surprise is reasonable; others apparently don't.
>
> Yes, there are a lot of reasons that it is the way it is, and a
> lot of reasons not to change it now.  I get that.  If the OP is
> still here, then I'd like to think that the OP also gets that.

The OP is still 'here' - has been asleep = lazy toad!

Thank you. Yes, that is a reasonable summary. Yes it did catch me by
surprise - that I couldn't rely upon the instance to reflect 'reality'
(IMHO).

I see there is a different point-of-view. To adjust my mind-set and
properly appreciate the discussion, I'd like to re-read the docs with
that in-mind, first...
--
Regards =dn