NEWBIE: how to get text onto 2 lines on a 16x2 lcd display

Thu Sep 26 20:12:56 EDT 2019

On 27/09/19 7:21 AM, RobH wrote:
> On 26/09/2019 17:51, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 11:58:15 +0100, RobH <rob at despammer.com> declaimed
>> the
>> following:

>> Check out this guide for info on using character LCDs with the
>> CircuitPython library:
>> https://learn.adafruit.com/character-lcds/python-circuitpython
>> """

> As I said I am a newbie with python and I did not realise that this
> would do what I wanted, doh!

We all have to start somewhere!

As it happens, I was hoping to work on a Raspberry Pi4 project, and have
been looking at adding cameras and displays. Sadly/ironically I will be
working on a different project which involves an nVidia Jetson Nano - so
I'll have to look-up CUDA (apparently it is not a car, nor is it a fish
that I'd be happy to help you eat...)

The question I wanted to ask/suggestion to make: is there a 'development
environment' which enables development on a 'bigger PC', for later
delivery=download to the SBC? It might make coding and unit-testing a
bit easier (although perhaps not when specific (display) hardware enters
the picture).

--
Regards =dn