CSV reader ignore brackets

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 13:50:18 EDT 2019

> <snark>Besides, the point isn't the shortest code but to illustrate the idea of handling special syntax.</snark>

In my defense, I was typing on my phone while watching a show on
Netflix. I was hardly in a position to test any code. :-)

As you indicated though, the problem is under-specified (nesting?,
presence of quotation marks?, newlines between balanced parens? input
size?, etc). It probably does little good to try and cook up a
comprehensive solution to such a problem. Better to just toss out some
ideas for the OP and let them mull it over, maybe try to solve the
problem themselves.

Skip