Python in The Economist

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Sep 25 09:33:09 EDT 2019

On Wednesday 25 September 2019 08:27:32 Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 9:33 PM Rhodri James <rhodri at kynesim.co.uk>
wrote:
> > Our experience as IoT consultants is
> > that clients want what they want, and chip manufacturers produce
> > what they produce, and the overlap isn't as big as you would hope.
>
> Thank you for validating my inherent cynicism :)
>
> ChrisA

You have this disparity demonstrated every time you go to the grocery
store.  After about a year, all the time wasteing are you sure crap has
been removed from the card processing. Stuff that never should have been
in the code path in the first place.  Then a new card processor with his
own card readers wins the next contract, and we repeat the same rodeo
all over again.  Except he bought the readers from a BBLB maker, and the
failure rate is, predictably, astronomical.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis