python installation.

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Mon Sep 23 22:36:17 EDT 2019

On 24Sep2019 00:12, Brian Korir <briannkorirbk at gmail.com> wrote:
>I receive a 'not a valid Win32...' after a few minutes of installing python
>3.7.4. I have reinstalled it several times with the same results. My laptop
>uses windows 7, 64-bit. What can I do to solve this?  Thank you.

Are you using the appropriate installer? In particular (guessing from
the message) might you have fetched a 32 bit install instead of the
x86-64 installer?

Please check this page:

  https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/

for installers, and if you've definitely got the right installer please
post details about what installer you chose.

Disclaimer: not a Windows person.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>