Remote Work Wanted - Junior Python Developer

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 21:20:55 EDT 2019

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 10:56 AM Shane Thomas <shane at pngbd.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to start working remotely programming in Python.
>
> I have an IT Degree and English is my first Language. I currently live in New Zealand, thus the remote work is the only option.
>
> I have 15+ years experience as a Delphi Developer, mainly working with business database applications. I have worked with Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, Interbase, Firebird and many other database backends as well.
>
> I would like to join a team of developers that could help my crossover to Python.
>
> I think I can hit the ground running if pointed in the right direction and helped over any time consuming hurdles.
>
> As far as money goes, I am open to reasonable offers.

Cool! This list/newsgroup isn't a job board, but there are a number of
good places to go looking. I'd start here, although IME remote jobs
are a fairly small proportion of the listings:

https://www.python.org/jobs/

Another solid place to look is Stack Overflow Jobs:

https://stackoverflow.com/jobs

I've no idea how many of the linked sites are of value, but there's a
page on the Python Wiki specifically for sites with job postings about
Python:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonJobs

Hopefully that'll help!

ChrisA